McNeil Company is in the business of building commercial, residential and multi-family buildings with a strong emphasis on innovative designs and the highest building standards in the industry. We hire individuals looking to make careers, we encourage growth and promotion, and we reward those willing to work in a team environment who are flexible to take on a variety of tasks.
Open positions, Omaha, NE:
McNeil Company is seeking a full-time Commercial Construction Superintendent. The Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete commercial projects on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality while administering excellent construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Reports to the Project Manager.
- Minimum 10 years as a successful commercial construction Superintendent supervising new building or major building renovation projects
- OSHA 30-hour certified
- Strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done, this position will require more than 40 hours per week
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise groups is essential
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Computer skills, including competency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. Submittal Exchange and Blue Beam experience is a plus.
- Able to perform physical tasks common to this position (kneeling, bending, standing, climbing, repetitive motion, use of hand tools, etc.)
- Coordinates, evaluate, and supervise all project construction activities
- Directs both company field personnel and subcontractors to achieve project completion on schedule, within budget, with quality that conforms to plans and specifications
- Understands project plans and specifications and identifies issues requiring clarification through requests for information
- Submits daily project reports that document job-site activities and maintains a detailed four-week look-ahead construction schedule
- Schedules inspections as necessary throughout the project
- Creates, manages, changes and implements the project’s schedule as needed in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Develops work plans for subcontractors and self-performed work
- Monitors quality of work and assures that correct construction procedures are followed and that work is in compliance with the plans and specifications
- Identifies safety hazards and takes all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards
- Monitors costs vs. budget
- Continually assures quality compliance
- Leads weekly subcontractor meetings
- Supports project closeout and punch list
- Maintains good owner relations
Performs job hazard analyses, promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or related field (Required)
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to Co-invest/Co-own in future projects
- Full benefit package; health, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement, holidays, vacation, personal days
We are representing a Design/Build firm who is looking to hire an entry level Residential Architectural Drafter. Candidates should have excellent command and knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketch-Up and other graphics programs. The candidate should be capable of participating in the development of technical drawings to be used in construction. More
We are representing a Design/Build firm who is looking to hire an Architectural Intern. Candidates should have excellent command and knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketch-Up and other graphics programs. The candidate should be capable of participating in the detailed designs and develop drawings to be used in bid and construction.
Specific Tasks and Duties
• Assist in design working with clients to create floor plans and solve space planning issues with kitchens, bathroom, multifamily and custom homes.
• Developing detailed designs, often using Sketch-Up or other 3D imaging software for better understanding by clients.
• Coordinate and collaborate with interior designers and cabinet designers for the best solution possible.
• Complete and assist in preparing design package prepared for and submitted to building departments for building permits when necessary.
• Review of products or shop drawing submittals of cabinetry during the construction phase.
• Enjoys a dynamic, collaborative environment with lots of opportunities.
• Working to a brief, which details what space will be used for, and finding out the client’s ideas and requirements
+ For Consideration
Use the form below or forward resume to: